[Foundation-l] Third-party GFDL text irrevocably incompatible with Wikipedia as of August 1

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu May 28 05:30:35 UTC 2009

Newyorkbrad (Wikipedia) wrote:
> The point I was making is that I expect people will continue importing
> and exporting as per past practice with no attention given to the
> issue and few people caring. From a legal point of view that's not
> optimal, but I think it's highly likely.

That's a reasonable expectation.  People who are not intimately involved
with the arcana of licensing will just turn off and ignore the
distinctions.  Others may just see the rush to get everyone changed the
short period between WMF's adoption of this switch and the deadline date
as an attempt by the big kid on the block to push its policies on others.

Ec