[Foundation-l] Wikipedia is not the Kama Sutra, was Re: commons and freely licensed sexual imagery

Aryeh Gregor Simetrical+wikilist at gmail.com
Fri May 15 18:26:55 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 9:33 AM, Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Your really didn't address my question.  Why do you think WMF resources are best used to create and support a mirror for people who are disgusted by sexuality rather than making easier for third-parties to create mirrors for *any* of different of audiences in the world that find various different things unacceptable?

I don't, and I'm not sure why you think I do.  I explicitly stated
that I favored a categorization system whereby users can filter out
whatever content they personally find objectionable, and display
whatever they don't.  I also never said WMF resources should be spent
on anything, and I definitely don't support creating entire mirrors
just for the sake of image content when you could just hide or display
the images inline.  So I'm not sure what you mean at all.