[Foundation-l] [Commons-l] commons and freely licensed sexual imagery

private musings thepmaccount at gmail.com
Thu May 14 23:06:59 UTC 2009

Re : Masti - I agree with your position that if the license seems suspect,
and the contributor can't (or won't) provide something a bit more, then the
image should be deleted - that's not the consensus on commons however, for
what that's worth - these doubts have been raised, and the image remains.
The general thinking seems to be that the burden of proof lies with those
suspicious of the original license - I think this is a bit silly. Also - re
: quoting - I'm afraid I'm a 'gmailer' who only hits 'reply' to post again -
though I'm semi-aware that this does something wrong in regard to quoting,
I'm not sure what, nor how to fix it - my apologies.

Re : Pedro - heh... I take your point - doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about
the merits of the point at hand, though, no? If there's an improvement to be
made, that's gonna be a good thing regardless of the opinion that it's also
important, I reckon....

cheers,

Peter
PM.