[Foundation-l] [Commons-l] commons and freely licensed sexual imagery

Pedro Sanchez pdsanchez at gmail.com
Thu May 14 22:58:57 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 5:16 PM, private musings <thepmaccount at gmail.com>wrote:

> I believe that this is an example of principle overriding pragmatism in a
> way that has great potential to cause the project harm - both in reputation
> and utility. If you're reading this and are a bit confuddled about the
> parameters of discussion in this area - here are some handy bullet points;

I recall hearing this very argument several years ago when wikipedia was
some orders of magnitude smaller
of course the empiric evidence shows otherwise, wikipedia grew beyond
anyone's predictions
in spite the "if you don't do X, things we downhill", "ikipedia will lose
all reputatin", "wikipedia will be harmed", "wikipedia will become useless"
where X ranges could e "censor nudity", "change the sysop election system"
or "stop anon edits", "delete pokemon" or whatever the
unsourmountable-obstacle-of-the-week is.