[Foundation-l] Wikipedians groups on LinkedIn?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu May 14 18:47:48 UTC 2009

There was a "Wikipedians" group which was apparently started for
"networking" (which in practice seemed to mean spam blasts), per

http://davidgerard.co.uk/notes/2009/04/16/wikipedians-on-linkedin/

But there's at least a couple more groups which are sincere and were
just put together by Wikipedians (i.e. not Foundation-official), e.g.

http://www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=104879

I have no idea about how to consolidate LinkedIn groups, but for the
moment I suggest it would be an idea to make a wiki page (presumably
on meta) for these. If there isn't one already. Same on other social
networks. Anyone?

- d.