[Foundation-l] Fwd: pt:wiki policies

Foundation-l list admin foundation-l-owner at lists.wikimedia.org
Thu May 14 18:32:14 UTC 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Virgilio A. P. Machado <vam at fct.unl.pt>
Date: Thu, May 14, 2009 at 11:29 AM
Subject: pt:wiki policies
To: foundation-l-owner at lists.wikimedia.org

Dear Sirs,

Yesterday ( http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Pedidos_a_administradores/Discuss%C3%A3o_de_bloqueio#NH
), while discussing a private case, whose full details are
confidential I described a strict hypothetical case as follows:

Suppose a tetraplegic girl learns how to use a computer and finds out
about Wikipedia. After registering as a user she does all sort of
trampling. Would there be any administrator willing to block her from
editing Wikipedia?

So far, three administrators, one of them a bureaucrat and member of
arbitration committee have answered YES.

The administrator bureaucrat later quoted Wikimedia:Non discrimination
policy, explaining that that policy did NOT allow them to treat
editors differently, based on their [...] medical condition.
Wikimedia:Code of Conduct Policy was also quoted.

I wonder if you would care to comment on all of the above.

Sincerely,

Virgilio A. P. Machado

--
Michael Bimmler