[Foundation-l] Cross-wiki articles

Yoni Weiden yonidebest at gmail.com
Sun May 10 08:08:20 UTC 2009

If the bottom line is that people resort to en-wp because they have the
information which other wikis don't have, people who cannot read English
have a disadvantage. I do not think this is the foundation's intention.

Cross-Wiki policies can be made. For example, if X (number) wikipedias have
an article about Y (subject), all other wikipedias are required to allow
creation of said article.

i.e. "Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire" episode is published in no less
than 15 languages. Above policy means that the creation of this article
should be allowed in he-wp, and not deleted due to insignificance in the
eyes of 57% of the he-wp community. The bottom line is that the Hebrew
language should have a wikipedia article about said episode, and if the
community does not agree, it should be forced. Why forced? because this
situation is just ridiculous. 15 community languages think this article is
worth a page, but the he-wp community knows best. I think not.