[Foundation-l] Take a look at the latest rep watches

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu May 7 12:39:22 UTC 2009

2009/5/7 Charlotte Webb <charlottethewebb at gmail.com>:

> I think David Gerard said human postings generally do not score above
> 2.0 unless their vocabulary suggests a background in SEO, then it's
> higher.

I don't remember saying the second part, but yeah, most human-written
emails score below 2.0. However, enough score above 2.0 (up to 5 or
even 7 is not uncommon) that email with a spam score over 2 should be
held in the mod queue for inspection, not outright rejected or
discarded.

(We largely solved this on wikien-l by requiring membership to post at
all. This is less than ideal for absolute openness, but we floated the
idea on the list to no objection and it's made maintenance *way*
easier.)

- d.