[Foundation-l] Licensing transition: opposing points of view

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 08:22:51 UTC 2009

I don't want to open a new thread because I have on my mind something
related to this issue, while it is not connected directly to the
present license migration. At the other side, it is a licensing
question of the future.

Because some articles have thousands of editors, usually it is not
reasonable to list them all in some random derivative work. Because of
that the recommendation is to use a link.

But, we are not so far from the point when listing all links of
previous works wouldn't be reasonable. Imagine that a lot of
universities are contributing to the free knowledge corpus and that
they are using each other's works. Imagine that a number of companies
are interested in such knowledge sharing, too. We would easily get
thousands of links for a single page.

So, the ultimate copyleft license will be PD-SA.

Other thoughts?