[Foundation-l] Welcome to Fred Vassard!

Brion Vibber brion at wikimedia.org
Mon Mar 23 22:58:59 UTC 2009

Everybody please join me in welcoming Frédéric Vassard as the latest
addition to the Wikimedia Foundation's tech team.

Fred's been doing Linux and Unix system administration around the SF bay
area for the last few years, and has enough notches on his belt to dare
to step up and tame the beasts that run Wikipedia and her sister projects...

He'll be helping us out with operations, monitoring, and documentation
of our servers, making sure everything's running smoothly and improving
our responses to and anticipation of problems.

Welcome aboard, Fred!

-- brion vibber (brion @ wikimedia.org)