[Foundation-l] Abuse filter

John at Darkstar vacuum at jeb.no
Fri Mar 27 12:29:20 UTC 2009

Basically all actions against users given information in such a log.
Contacting the ISP is a valid question, I believe contacting the ISP
about completed actions are legal in most jurisdictions, contacting them
about uncompleted actions is not. In the US it is legal to act on
uncompleted actions after provocations (aka the perpetrators
intentions), that is not legal in every other countries (eg quite few
countries).

As I see it, all problems comes from public or partly public logging
actions that are now in a private context.