[Foundation-l] Divergent Wiktionary logos

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 17:36:51 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 12:52 PM, Cary Bass <cary at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Of course Meta participants can vote; Wiktionary isn't solely "owned"
> by the people who most actively use it. It's a Wikimedia project,
> first and foremost. I generally expect most people who use Meta to
> respectfully give weight to the Wiktionarians, however, and not just
> "vote" on impulse. Most of us do that.

Sure - the first part of what I wrote (discussing a conflict of vote
outcomes) related specifically to Wiktionary, the second part was more
general. Given the status of the logos as marks of the Foundation, can the
meta community vote to change any logo? If not, what is the 'right way' to
pursue a logo change - using a staff driven process like this one, where the
vote is more confirmatory than determinant?

Nathan