[Foundation-l] Abuse filter legal/privacy implications

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 13:27:05 UTC 2009

Hoi,
Privacy is regulated by laws. Privacy is about law but it is first and
foremost about decency. By being consistent in what we do, by doing our best
to provide reasonable privacy levels we provide a decent service to our
users. There is no such thing as "the law" and the law as implemented can be
insane.

There are laws that we do not abide by There are laws that we do not want to
abide by. This means that the basic drive for privacy is because it is what
we want not because we are told to do so.
Thanks,
        GerardM