[Foundation-l] Board position statement

Robert Horning robert_horning at netzero.net
Tue Mar 24 23:49:08 UTC 2009

Michael Snow wrote:
> Robert Horning wrote:
>
>> I certainly think my voice ought to count for something, together with
>> other people who are in my position and situation.
>>

> I quite agree with you, and if you check out the licensing update page
> on Meta http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Licensing_update
> you'll find that voting eligibility is based on a quite low number of
> edits, made any time before the cutoff date. Given the nature of the
> question, we understand that anyone who has a history with us should be
> able to have input, whether or not they are currently active. Actually,
> the edit threshold was just changed from 10 to 25 (still pretty low) by
> Erik, maybe he can explain the thinking behind that, as I wasn't aware
> of that decision.
>
> --Michael Snow

In my case, I have several thousand edits on each of multiple projects,
although I didn't qualify to vote in the most recent board elections.
I'm not necessarily objecting to not being eligible to vote in those
elections, but this is a significantly different situation.

Thanks for clarifying this point.

-- Robert Horning