[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Hungary picture competiton

Bence Damokos bdamokos at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 19:41:30 UTC 2009

Dear All,

Pray, allow me to announce the first ever international picture
competition of Wikimedia Hungary. [1]

The competition officially launching tomorrow, commemorating a
Hungarian national holiday[2], is aimed at gathering visual
representations - photographs, videos, maps, drawings, SVG graphics,
etc. - that have a 'Hungarian aspect'.

We are awaiting submissions in the next three months from all over the
world. Apart from the endless possibilities of works created in
Hungary - e.g. on a summer visit -, we hope to engage the
international community of photographers, and graphic artists of
Wikimedia Commons. Please take a look at our prepared list of possible
works to be created all over the world (including geographical places,
museums, events and suggestions for non-photographic contributions).
[3]

The submissions will be evaluated by the community in a way similar to
the Picture of the Year competition, the   authors of the best
pictures will be awarded a Wikimedia gift package.

For more information, please visit the competition's homepage on
Commons: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wikimedia_Hungary_picture_competition

Thank you,
Bence Damokos
Wikimédia Magyarország
http://wiki.media.hu/wiki/Home

P.s. I would like to ask you to forward this announcement to all whom
it may concern, your local village pumps, chapters' communities, and
photographers and people who might be interested in participating.

[1] http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wikimedia_Hungary_picture_competition
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1848_Hungarian_Revolution
[3] http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wikimedia_Hungary_picture_competition/list