[Foundation-l] Proposed revised attribution language

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 05:38:42 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 8:50 AM, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>> Nope. Not as long as the deletion button continues to exist.
>
> We already make deletion logs visible to everyone; is there any reason
> why we shouldn't do the same with contribution histories other than
> the occasional case where they include information that shouldn't be
> publicly viewable?

A permalink to the history would be really useful. If it was just the
author list and not potentially problematic edit summaries, it's not
too likely to cause problems. (Problem usernames can be hidden
already).

Right now there's no link to the history's permalink even for
non-deleted pages. But it is possible,
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?oldid=276617393&action=history
will always link to the history of the page that is at [[x]] now even
if x is moved and [[x]] becomes a totally different article.

Angela