[Foundation-l] Attribution survey, first results

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 21:07:29 UTC 2009

2009/3/9 Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com>:
> So, they don't care about their own copyright law.

Common law is very much driven by legal precedent. Looking to see what
similar legal systems have done is a fairly common approach.

That said Kenya allows for up 6 years of jail time for some forms of
copyright infringement (and two for others) so I suggest it is
probably a good idea to take Kenyan law seriously.

> If the present options are between linking to the history of article
> at Wikipedia up to the full attribution, I don't see any reason why
> the whole range can't be applied in the ToS. (And, yes, I made a
> mistake with mentioning "no attribution at all".)

Because as of this moment wikipedia has 291,172,469 edits what were
not made under any such term of service and could not have their
copyright situation impacted by such a TOS.

--
geni