[Foundation-l] Academic article review

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Wed Mar 4 19:30:40 UTC 2009

> One of your points there was:
>> 6. The current experience (or at least my current experience) is not
>> really encouraging. The real top researchers just plainly have no time
>> to edit articles, nor are they really interested. Those who come are
>> mostly interested in editing article about themselves or about their
>> immediate research, and view this as a kind of free PR.
> The same might be said of articles about Wikipedia.  If you don't get
> any responses within 48 hours you are unlikely to get any at all.  I see
> one response there but that is most likely because of the message to
> which I am responding.  Your comments are on "Temp17" of what is
> probably a much longer series of personal subpages.  There is very
> likelihood that anyone will ever see it, let alone respond.
>
> Ec

Actually, I only have Temp17, and I was preparing it in my personal space
(so far provided links to several users), but on one occasion a couple of
months ago I posted it in this mailing list. It there is any interest, I
will obviously move it to the general meta namespace.

I did not yet check the comments, will do now.

Cheers
Yaroslav