[Foundation-l] Request for your input: biographies of living people

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Wed Mar 4 16:50:48 UTC 2009

2009/3/2 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:

> As far as I can make out, the present situation on en:wp is: a
> proposal was put which got 59% support. That's not a sufficiently
> convincing support level. So Jimbo is currently putting together a
> better proposal, with the aim of at least 2/3 support and hoping for
> 80% - it'll be more robust. Timeframe, er, I just asked him as well.

Bleh. Well, at least it's *something*.

I did a headcount the other week of all the OTRS simple vandalism and
"uncomplicated" BLP tickets I handled - ie, all the ones not needing
digging and arguing with people and so on. 80-90% of them would have
been avoided by flagged revisions.

This leaves lots of BLP stuff (the systematic POV problems, etc) that
it wouldn't address, certainly, but I reckon at a stroke it would
pre-empt a good *third* of our email load. It'd probably prevent even
more by proportion if we turned on a "report this" function, since
that'd heavily be skewed towards vandalism.

Enabling both, together, would be excellent. But I think making it
something for after we get the thrice-blesséd FlaggedRevs might be the
most efficient approach.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk