[Foundation-l] Request for your input: biographies of living people

Dominic dmcdevit at cox.net
Wed Mar 4 09:19:15 UTC 2009

Sue Gardner wrote:
> I am just clarifying - "default to delete unless consensus to keep" would be
> a change from current state, right?

In terms of policy, "default to delete" is the current state for BLPs.
To be more exact, the important bit is: "If there is no rough consensus
and the page is not a BLP describing a relatively unknown person, the
page is kept and is again subject to normal editing, merging or
redirecting as appropriate." However, that is at least somewhat new
(several months old, I think), and I am not certain how universally
administrators apply it at this point. The relevant policy is at
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:DP#Deletion_discussion>

Dominic