[Foundation-l] Reuse policy

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Mon Jun 15 19:09:36 UTC 2009

2009/6/15 Nikola Smolenski <smolensk at eunet.yu>:
> Дана Monday 15 June 2009 20:24:39 Robert Rohde написа:
>> The terms of use for editors will require that editors accept linking
>> as sufficient attribution; however, the instructions for re-users will

> Why do the terms require that, when this is in collision with actual licences?

For reference, I've summarized our position on this point here:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2009-March/050953.html

Of course we're not going to re-open this discussion. The revised
terms will be implemented on all applicable sites in the coming days,
beginning today.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation