[Foundation-l] Google Translate now assists with human translations of Wikipedia articles

John at Darkstar vacuum at jeb.no
Thu Jun 11 17:36:18 UTC 2009

The link is about Google Translate, I'm not sure about the rumor.

Probably a rule based solution is the easiest to get up and running for
small wikis, while a statistical solution will work for larger wikis.
That will make the system work sufficiently well that users will build
upon the initial machine translation thereby enabling the statistical
engine to learn from the errors. Its like an automatic classifier with
some a priori knowledge.

John