[Foundation-l] Google Translate now assists with human translations of Wikipedia articles

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Wed Jun 10 13:26:16 UTC 2009

> current level of sophistication of translation tools, especialy of
> languages that do not belog to the same group as english, german,
> french, etc. is completely useless.
>
> Machine translations into slavic languages are to be deleted from wiki
> immediatealy.
>
> masti

Just to confirm, yesterday I needed to translate a piece from Bulgariam
Wikipedia article into Russian. I ended up with the manual translation
even though I do no speak a word of Bulgarian (Russian is my
mothertongue). The output of Google Language Tools (Bulgarian into
English) was on substandard level.

Cheers
Yaroslav