[Foundation-l] Google Translate now assists with human translations of Wikipedia articles

Peter Gervai grinapo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 11:28:04 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 00:54, masti<mastigm at gmail.com> wrote:
> current level of sophistication of translation tools, especialy of
> languages that do not belog to the same group as english, german,
> french, etc. is completely useless.

Let me disagree. Hungarian is not in the same group by far, and the
results make it possible to understand more than 50% of the text
(sometimes I'd say above 90%). While this is far from proper
translation it is by no means _useless_, since its obvious use is to
understand a completely foreign text to some extents.

And I'd like to second that the quality has been really improving,
whether the state of the art linguistic science backs its theory up or
not. This is observation, and not theory.

But I see this is an exaggeration contest, so I'll go back to the shadow. :-)

grin