[Foundation-l] Google Translate now assists with human translations of Wikipedia articles

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Tue Jun 9 20:42:47 UTC 2009

Google has built in support for using its machine translation technology to
help bootstrap human translations of Wikipedia articles.

http://translate.google.com/toolkit/docupload

The benefit to Google is clear - they need sentence-aligned text in multiple
languages in order to bootstrap their automated system.

This is a great example of machines helping people help machines help
people, etc... I'm sure this is now the most efficient way to produce high
quality translations of Wikipedia articles en masse.

We should take the ToS to make sure the translated text can be CC-BY-SA
licensed.

/Brian