[Foundation-l] Why don't we re-encode proprietary formats as Ogg?

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Tue Jun 9 04:54:25 UTC 2009

I hold the same sort of pragmatic view. In the absence of freely licensed
content encoded in a free format we should accept free content in any
format. I think it would take a revolution within the Foundation staff and
the most vocal parts of the community (note that I did not say majority),
though.
It seems like a lot less work to solve the recoding
problem, and anyway, there is a lot of content that has yet to be
produced to worry about. Sticking to the ideals no matter what will
help more of that free content in free formats be produced in the
future when there are more people around to do the
creating.

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 10:17 PM, Jussi-Ville Heiskanen <cimonavaro at gmail.com