[Foundation-l] Stevertigo

Kwan Ting Chan ktc at ktchan.info
Fri Jul 31 18:24:03 UTC 2009

stevertigo wrote:

> It's a little late for this. Besides you didn't "killfile" the thread
> (whatever that translates to in grown-up terms) - you
> moderated/blocked me, and did so without serious or even sufficient
> public notification. The seven-word private reply you gave me (quoted
> below somewhere) was substandard, as far as explanations go.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_file>

Any emails to the mailing list with that subject line get auto deleted.
And you can see, no email with that subject line has appeared since.

> 1) I did post on another topic. 2) Who is "we?" You? 3) A few hours
> later is not acceptable, particularly in contexts where discussion
> moves quickly.

2. I would supect "we" are the moderators of the mailing list.

3. That's what being under moderation means. Whether any particular
person should be under moderation is a different argument.

> Yes, and in that post I indicated I would not continue posting to that
> thread on this list. Assuming your moderating me was valid in the
> first place, you evaluated my post incorrectly - the evidence being
> that its still has not been posted.

See above. A thread that has been "kill file'd" gets auto deleted. He or
any other moderator can't post it even if they want to.

KTC

     - Heinrich Heine