[Foundation-l] Stevertigo

Austin Hair adhair at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 16:49:31 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 11:09 AM, stevertigo<stvrtg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway, for the record, the last message I sent to that thread -
> itself quite obviously (from its content) intended to be my last
> message on that thread - was never posted.

I killfiled the thread, as I noted in two e-mails to the mailing list.
 The usual process for this involves flagging for moderation all
topics with that subject line, and additionally any members I think
likely to try to pursue the topic further, for a period of a week or
so.

Note again that "moderation" does not mean that you're prevented from
posting to the list, only that we look at your posts before sending
them on.  Had you posted on another topic, your message would have
been sent on within a few hours.

> Also for the record, I emailed Austin Hair twice for an explanation of
> the block, and his one terse reply indicates that he must be
> overworked and in need of some relief.

I explained my actions in the original thread, but as a courtesy I
also replied privately to the only e-mail I received from you
reiterating that the thread was killed.  I never received a second
e-mail.

I am generally terse if not succinct, but I don't know what about this
suggests that I'm "overworked."

> Note also that anytime someone is blocked/moderated from a public or
> open list, its a common-sense requirement that the list be given
> notification of the block/moderation, along with an explanation of
> why. This is standard practice on wikien-l, and I don't quite
> understand how or why foundation-l can or should do things any
> differently.

Again, you were not blocked.  The only message from you that I held
from posting was the one to that thread, and that went for everyone,
not just you.  And again, I did post in that thread giving notice.

Austin