[Foundation-l] How was the "only people who averaged two edits a week in the last six months can vote" rule decided?

Tisza Gergő gtisza at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 08:27:50 UTC 2009

Brian <Brian.Mingus at ...> writes:

> In my view, the only reason to limit voting to editors with a certain number
> of edits is to limit the effects of ballot stuffing.

Not as much ballot stuffing as canvassing. Most of the inactive users do not see
the sitenotices and therefore they aren't aware that an election is going on. If
you publish this information on channels that reach a certain subgroup of these
ex-editors, that can indeed skew the results. (For an example, imagine far-right
web portals announcing that there is a far-right candidate running.)