[Foundation-l] Analysis of statistics

Pavlo Shevelo pavlo.shevelo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 10:21:42 UTC 2009

Hi Milos,

Thanks a lot for so informative comment.
Sorry but you provided more for my new counterargumentation than
"beat" previous portion :)

Let me start bottomup (I have such habit)

> ... we are at the dead end

Wikipedia community evolve and became different, who said that it's
signs of death?
I like this quotation of wise person:
"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But
it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."
By this I mean that we should have thorough research howto treat
current tendencies (while I don't mean to do nothing until that
research will be done).

> yes, it is
> possible that quality brings quantity. This thread is about that: we
> have to think how to do that.

Yes, it's quite *possible* that quantity of people within "15-24" age
range will bring quality of articles that are "sexy"/"cool" for those
...agers, but what about articles that:
- are boring for them if not of any interest for them;
- they have no clue about that field of science&technology that this
article should be about;
- they are unable to comprehend the literature about that topic - just
because they are too young and not yet educated
???

Scenario analysis:
There was no reason to <s>waste</s> invest time into Scenario1 -
nobody (not me, neither anybody else)  said that we should abandon
wiki-evangelisation of youngsters.

Scenario3 seems very scary in terms of imbalance in articles quantity
and quality: only topics which seems "cool" for youngsters will be
covered (see above).