[Foundation-l] Britain or Ukraine? What UK stands for in Wikimedia jargon

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 19:08:46 UTC 2009

2009/7/22 Pavlo Shevelo <pavlo.shevelo at gmail.com>:
> There should not be any real problem to link wikimedia.org.uk directly
> to Wikimedia UK chapter wiki (wherever it's hosted).

It depends on how the WMF has everything set up. They have a
complicated setup for hosting multiple wikis, it may well be
hard-coded that they all use the WMF domains. I'm cross-posting this
to wikitech-l, hopefully someone there can clarify the situation. Can
a wiki hosted on the WMF servers use a non-WMF domain?