[Foundation-l] Britain or Ukraine? What UK stands for in Wikimedia jargon

Pavlo Shevelo pavlo.shevelo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 17:51:46 UTC 2009

> ... At some point we will probably want to set
> up our own server(s) and then the confusion will be eliminated.

I don't get it why elimination depends on hosting.

Anyhow is it possible to have some explicit estimation about when "at
some point" could happen?

> It
> might make sense to put a note at the top of the main page linking to
> the Ukrainian Wikipedia.

I do believe that it's both quite possible and useful to put such note
at the top of Wikimedia UK main page

let me ask one sorta side question:
Now, when Wikimedia UK wiki is hosted on WMF resources you have a
luxury of SUL support. Do you have any idea whether it will be still
possible when you will move to your own server(s)?