[Foundation-l] Britain or Ukraine? What UK stands for in Wikimedia jargon

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 12:29:14 UTC 2009

Wikimedia Serbia and Serbian language projects have similar problem
with Suriname: The code for Serbian language is sr, while the code for
Serbia is rs. It is interesting that .sr code was one of the preferred
codes for some Serbian sites for a long time: it is free and for a
long time Serbia used .yu.

So, sr.wikipedia.org is the proper name for Wikipedia in Serbian.
rs.wikimedia.org is the proper name for Wikimedia Serbia site.
However, we have a mailing list wikimediasr-l, which is used as a
generic public list for all projects in Serbian, not for Wikimedia
Serbia. And in some not so near future we'll have to solve this.