[Foundation-l] Recommending a Browser for High Quality Ogg Theora Video Support

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 22:03:39 UTC 2009

2009/7/9 geni <geniice at gmail.com>:

> Promoting any one browser for any reason is kinda dicey. Given how
> contentious browser wars are it wouldn't look to good from the POV of
> remaining neutral. Has anyone managed to work the firefox code into
> Konqueror yet?

Konqueror isn't a serious suggestion as a casual install - anyone on
Unix who has Konqueror has expressly chosen it, anyone who hasn't has
a couple of hundred megabytes of KDE to download. And it's officially
alpha on Windows and Mac.

Saying "and Konqueror" is giving undue weight in the name of pseudo-neutrality.

At present, it's helpful that Firefox 3.5 is the ONLY release browser
that does the job. Best get in there while we can.

- d.