[Foundation-l] Attribution on small interactive devices and systems

John at Darkstar vacuum at jeb.no
Thu Jul 2 23:23:24 UTC 2009

It seems like the attribution scheme chosen does not support small
interactive devices and systems very Well. Are there anyone who have
given this any thoughts?

The problem is basically as the chunk of information shrinks the
attribution scheme will be more and more of a problem. With the current
scheme the "paper leaflet" -problem are solved, still what do we do for
cell phones and similar devices? The same problem also arise for
solutions where excerpts from articles are used as tooltips in maps. I
guess there are a lot of other examples.

I would like a fourth point in the text that says something like
"attribution after good practice for devices and systems where the
previous isn't possible".

The current text reads: Attribution: To re-distribute a text page in any
form, provide credit to the authors either by including a) a hyperlink
(where possible) or URL to the page or pages you are re-using, b) a
hyperlink (where possible) or URL to an alternative, stable online copy
which is freely accessible, which conforms with the license, and which
provides credit to the authors in a manner equivalent to the credit
given on this website, or c) a list of all authors.

John