[Foundation-l] The reality of printing a poster

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 10:54:37 UTC 2009

Hoi,
I could not disagree more with you. People who work on Wikipedia do this
because they make a difference. This making a difference is what I think is
of paramount importance, what makes people proud of this endeavour. When
people use my pictures and my ,it makes a difference how they use it. But
essentially I do not really care as long as my ideal of more and better
information or more people is realised.

Obviously I like it that my picture of a wild boar is used on a Russian
website. They asked, nice. But I take more pride in KNOWING this than in
having my name on their website.

When I print a poster, and the license and the contributors have to be
printed on it as well, the image of the picture is spoiled for me. This
would be a reason for me to return the printed poster. So let us be
practical, WHERE do you want to have all the information that is so dear to
you? What are the costs and is this feasible.. Are you not killing the goose
that lays the golden eggs ?
Thanks,
      GerardM