[Foundation-l] Wikimedia IdeaTorrent?

jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 29 15:41:00 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 8:27 AM, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
> Brianna Laugher wrote:
> Wondering, does the software allow those who have voted to change their
> minds?

Ok, I see that I misunderstood the post, it was not directed at me,
but here is my attempt to answer this question anyway.

Right now I am using the google docs form feature to host polls, it is
very good, and if people want to change their vote, they just vote
again. The results are stored on a spreadsheet.

This could be emulated with a wiki.

I think the basic function would be some form of poll where
people would edit a page and sign it with a template.
various templates could be used, you would just need a bean
counter-parser to interpret it.

security is another issue, but the entire counting, limitation and
delegation could be implemented as an ever more complex bean counter
process. Basically it would be a talk page with special restrictions.

Changing their minds would just be voting again, and the bean counter
process would come up with a different sum.

I hope this idea is understandable and simple.