[Foundation-l] CIA/NSA development of mediawiki (was: Wikia leasing office space to WMF)

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 02:43:08 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 9:19 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/1/25 geni <geniice at gmail.com>:
> > 2009/1/25 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:
>
> >> Has anyone actually asked the CIA for MediaWiki extensions and
> >> enhancements? It'd be worth asking.

I suspect any significant changes they have made will not be made available
for release until long past the time they are useful to the MediaWiki
developers. Keep in mind that Intellipedia is designed to contain,
distribute in a limited manner and facilitate the analysis of classified
information. Details on how it does that are unlikely to be forthcoming,
right?

What I'd be most interested in is the improvements they've made to the many
en.wp articles included in Intellipedia.

Nathan

--
Your donations keep Wikipedia running! Support the Wikimedia Foundation
today: http://www.wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate