[Foundation-l] Commons and The Year of the Picture

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Sat Jan 24 13:12:48 UTC 2009

Yaroslav M. Blanter wrote:

> I am sorry to say, now I see quite an opposite attitude: "You
> have put a picture under a free licence, now do not complain".
> This is fine of course but does not encourage the authors very
> much.

I think this is one of the best advantages of the French image
printing initiative (Wikiposter), that it makes it absolutely
clear to everybody that images uploaded to Wikipedia (to the
Wikimedia Commons) are allowed for commercial reuse.  There is no
better way to explain this, than to print and sell the images.
This is indeed an innovation in education.  My congratulations!

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)