[Foundation-l] [Wikipedia-l] vro

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Fri Jan 23 14:11:26 UTC 2009

Kjetil Lenes wrote:

> If you consider Norwegian nynorsk to be a dialect, you have your
> facts wrong. It is one of two written forms of norwegian, they
> have the same legal standing.

I'm not talking about dialects or legal standing. I'm talking
about renaming thousands of URLs, breaking incoming links from
other websites, for no good reason.  Once assigned, good URLs such
as no.wikipedia.org and et.wikipedia.org should not be changed.

ISO can decide tomorrow that English should be xy and French
should be ab.  We shouldn't follow such changes.  It is a totally
different issue that we consult ISO when we open a new project.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)