[Foundation-l] Re-licensing

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 20:08:34 UTC 2009

2009/1/22 Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org>:
> So why can't a fork be in compliance with the GFDL?  You said that "The GFDL
> 1.2 license is so bad that any fork would still be looking to use CC just in
> a slightly more legal way."  What do you mean by this?

What I mean is that if we consider the proposal to be legal under the
CC license (I don't) then any fork would be better of using
CC-BY-SA-3.0 without utilising the "Attribution Parties" bit of
4(C)(i). This means that it would get the benefits of the CC-BY-SA-3.0
license without the downside that certain people appear to be trying
to add.

--
geni