[Foundation-l] Board resolutions (chapters)

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 10:10:11 UTC 2009

I was wondering myself.
I thought this information would be in the FAQ, but it is not.

Two questions.

First, the annual meeting.
We hold an annual meeting between all chapters and WMF.
Already, because of the number of chapters, it is recommanded that only
one representant of all chapters come to the meeting. Needless to say,
this limitation is going to largely damage the ability of this meeting
to build anything.
Are sub-chapters going to have one representant as well ?
If that's the case, I suspect that we will soon have to abandon this
annual meeting altogether, and will have to replace it by "region" meetings.

Second, elections to board of trustees of WMF.
WMF has given the opportunity to chapters to elect two members to the
board. However, it is not clear to me if subchapters will be included or
not. Has this been decided ? Or will chapters be offered the opportunity
to decide that by themselves ?

Ant