[Foundation-l] Why is the software out of reach of the community?

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 08:53:56 UTC 2009

Hoi.
The Brion is not God. He and the other half gods, have sufficient enthusiasm
for all the weird and wonderful stuff we throw at them. They even spend
considerable effort on Semantic MediaWiki and Denny et al are the first to
acknowledge this and to say that they provided valuable insights. It is not
that they are not enthusiastic, it is that they have a life as well. They
also have to take care of our first priority and that is to make sure that
the show stays on the road.

To get a sense of perspective, the Stanton perspective will take some
890.000 dollar. A large amount indeed but it will not bring all those things
that we would like. The WMF is slowly but surely ramping up the professional
organisation. This organisation will never bring all the things that I want
not what you want. and certainly not all the things that the
communit(y./ies) says (it/they) want(s).
Thanks,
       GerardM