[Foundation-l] Why is the software out of reach of the community?

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Mon Jan 19 17:22:45 UTC 2009

To be clear, I still consider the process to be broken, and I think it would
help if there were more transparency there. More transparency means features
do not get implemented just because someone with the keys thinks its a good
idea, but because they spec'd the feature out formally and there was no
doubt in anyones mind that they had given due process to finding consensus.
I did not come to this thread attacking anyone, but rather a process. That
certain people felt attacked is unfortunate - they have missed my point.

I am willing to put in some work though. What I plan to do is show the grant
usability team (and mediawiki-l list) what editing Wikipedia articles might
look like with SMW+SF. I haven't been able to find an adequate demo of this.