[Foundation-l] Language codes to rename

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 14:12:02 UTC 2009

Hoi,
This is an old old story with the same arguments repeated again and again.

   - The language is called Moldovan, but Moldovan is also spoken in
   Transnistria
   - In Transnistria they write Cyrillic
   - In Transnistria the Moldovan constitution is not recognised
   - ..

Yes, the Moldovan Wikipedia has been locked for quite some time. Yes, there
is nobody who can be considered to be a native speaker who wants to work on
the mo.wikipedia. There is a project with some 400 articles. Too any more
words have been spend already, more then can be found in the 400 articles.
It is a distraction.

In my opinion, this project should either not be left in limbo as it
currently is. Either open it up for editing or find a new home for it. When
a new home cannot be found, delete it and keep it for who wants it.
Thanks,
      GerardM