[Foundation-l] How to dismantle a language committee

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 11:13:49 UTC 2009

2009/1/12 Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>:
> We only accept one Wikipedia for one language. The fact that we still have
> what is called the be-tarask.wikipedia.org is only because people were of
> the opinion that we should retain the work that was done. Now I wonder what
> more experts could add to this.

I am not an *expert* in Belarusian, but i know a little more about
this language than the average Russian speaker does.

Both projects are OK. Both have several dedicated and caring people
working on them. Both have certain problems. But their biggest problem
is shared: the duplication of effort hurts them all.

Merging them will benefit Wikipedia as a whole and its Belarusian
edition in particular and there should be free choice of orthography,
as it is in the Wikipedias in English, Portuguese and Catalan.

--
Amir Elisha Aharoni

heb: http://haharoni.wordpress.com | eng: http://aharoni.wordpress.com
cat: http://aprenent.wordpress.com | rus: http://amire80.livejournal.com