[Foundation-l] How to dismantle a language committee

Muhammad Alsebaey shipmaster at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 17:07:46 UTC 2009

> So, there are two conclusions: (1) I may imagine the process which had
> happened in relation to EA approval: no one made any serious objection
> and it passed. (2) There are two LangCom members introduced better in
> the linguistic issues, so the expertise level is raised and I think
> that it will be raised more in the future.

I find it hard to believe that the tons and tons of discussion on EA's
proposal page didnt generate any comments from the committee except a brief
conversation between Gerard and one member. That may mean that they were
disengaged at the  time or have not been given enough time to consider
before the actual approval occured. Either way it points out a fault in the
policy because both of which are practically undetectable in the current
process. It is strange that we require a minimum number of people to
participate in most of our actions (like admin elections for example) but
approving a new wiki will occur with only a request and one reply.

--
Best Regards,
Muhammad Alsebaey