[Foundation-l] How to dismantle a language committee

Muhammad Alsebaey shipmaster at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 23:02:04 UTC 2009

I personally do not care about the nature of Gerard's character, he may be a
very nice person if I meet him in person ( next Wikimania maybe). I am just
refering to the way he conducted himself during the discussions on
languages. And yes, I strongly believe this was aggressive. I won't get into
such details but you can read the other thread.

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 2:38 PM, effe iets anders
<effeietsanders at gmail.com>wrote:

> I don´t think this is very fair. You can call Gerard a lot, but not really
> agressive... He can be very enthusiast, committed, and very sure he is
> right, and trying to persuade others, but agressive?
>
> Anyway, I don't think a mailinglist (especially not this one) is a good
> place to discuss *people* rather then subjects. Have you tried to discuss
> your problems directly with Gerard, Muhammad and David? Sometimes that
> helps.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Lodewijk
>
> 2009/1/10 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>
>
> > 2009/1/10 Muhammad Alsebaey <shipmaster at gmail.com>:
> >
> > >   - Gerard has been the *only* person from LangCom that I have seen
> reply
> > >   to any of the issues, his replies are selective, he refuses to answer
> > >   whatever he doesnt think is relevant to his argument and is in
> general
> > very
> > >   aggressive, If the guys at LangCom chose him as the public face, I
> > would say
> > >   they were looking to pick fights rather than communicate decisions.
> >

> > Seconded, particularly the aggression.
> >

> > - d.

Best Regards,
Muhammad Alsebaey