[Foundation-l] Don't know how linked we still are with wikia...

Tim Starling tstarling at wikimedia.org
Wed Jan 7 00:51:08 UTC 2009

Delirium wrote:
> Tim Starling wrote:
>> I'm not seeing anything in that rant that contradicts the point I was
>> making. They might be different to Wikitravel in other ways, but they are
>> the same in terms of the lack of relevance of a content-related complaint
>> to foundation-l.
>>

> The point I was making is that the fact that people thought a
> content-related complaint about Wikia might be relevant to the
> foundation is the fault primarily of Wikia and the Foundation, and
> especially its entangled principals, not the fault of a newbie
> complainer who was misled by the association.

A fair point, and I'm glad you finally made it. But I was only trying to
correct an error in the original post which had not been pointed out by
the previous replies, it wasn't my intention to lay blame.

> Given your conflict of interest in this matter, you are also not
> particularly well positioned to comment.

I think I'm entitled to comment regardless of who I am, but you can to ask
me to state my interests to the list. I am a Wikimedia employee, and my
wife is a cofounder, employee and stockholder of Wikia.

-- Tim Starling