[Foundation-l] Don't know how linked we still are with wikia...

Aryeh Gregor Simetrical+wikilist at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 19:06:00 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Delirium <delirium at hackish.org> wrote:
> The point I was making is that the fact that people thought a
> content-related complaint about Wikia might be relevant to the
> foundation is the fault primarily of Wikia and the Foundation, and
> especially its entangled principals, not the fault of a newbie
> complainer who was misled by the association.
>
> Given your conflict of interest in this matter, you are also not
> particularly well positioned to comment.

I have no conflict of interest (unless having an account in Wikia
counts) and I agree with everything Tim said.  Complaints about Wikia
content are irrelevant to Foundation-l, unless the point is something
like that Wikimedia should distance itself from Wikia more because one
of their wikis is used by a bunch of nutjobs who furthermore take an
attitude toward copyright less like Wikipedia and more like every
other website in existence.  If *that* was the point, it's a pretty
poor one still, and even more poorly expressed.